Monday, April 25, 2011

Travel Bag Day 5

This day was most challenging.  I attached the main panels to the top and bottom loop.  I will admit that it took me two tries to attach the first side.  For some reason the whole thing shifted and skewed....not good.  I ripped it all out and tried again.  The second attempt went much better.

Pins will not work for the thickness of all the layers so the directions say to use binder clips.  The binder clips work pretty well actually.

Sewing the second panel on was pretty interesting, frustrating, and I do believe I cursed a few times too many while trying to get the bottom corners and flat sewed together.  I was just about to give up and just hand sew it when I took a little break to tend the chickens and came back to try it one more time.  I finally got it attached correctly.


Now that the exterior of the bag is complete I can finish up this bag by making the lining and attaching it.  There is a fair amount of hand sewing in attaching the lining so we shall see how that goes.  I am also running out if thread!  Since the lining sewing is not going to be seen I may just finish it off with a lighter yellow thread and no one will be the wiser....except you and me.  You won't tell will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment