Monday, January 31, 2011

Micaiah Ministries

I am not one to really endorse foreign aid programs.  My philosophy is more on the lines of help your own country first when there is so many in need.  However, I do have to say that I am impressed with Micaiah Ministries.  This group is adamant about helping homeless street kids of Russia.  They have a boys home and have just built a girls home.  The Restoration House provides shelter, guidance, love, and structure, and prayer for these kids that want help.



Todd Murphy and Kent Wilson spoke at the church I attend.  It was quite moving and inspirational to see what a difference they are making with these kids.  I pray they they continue to prosper and succeed with these kids.  


I have a soft spot in my heart for the helpless Russian orphans.  We attempted to adopt a child from Russia.  It did not go through as it was just way too expensive for us.  My heart goes out to these poor homeless kids doing who know what for a place to sleep and something to eat.  I pray that the Restoration House group can continue to minister to these youth and do positive things in their lives. 


I would like to do something to help the Restoration House.  If I had the resources I would love to spend some time there to help teach the girls how to cook, sew, and crochet.  It may not seem like much but it would teach then a skill that they could use to help them become more self sufficient and stay off the streets.  Maybe someday I will be able to do that, if they had a need for me and my skills.  Until then I will continue to pray for this wonderful cause.  Won't you join me in a prayer for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment