Saturday, February 5, 2011

Up at 4am on a Saturday

I roll over in my bed all snuggled down, toasty warm,  under my wool blanket and realize I am wide awake.  I squint to get a blurry glimpse of the clock glowing red on my bed side table.  4:00 glares back at me, mocking, taunting me through my uncorrected vision blur.  I groan in disappointment and disbelief that it is Saturday, my weekend, and I am wide awake at 4:00am. I give a sigh and haul myself out of bed.  There is no use in trying to go back to sleep now.  I am up for the day.  I get up at 4am during the week for work and that is fine, but I would like to be able to sleep in a little (6am would be fine) on the weekends.  Not this weekend apparently.

Now it is almost 6am, I have had my cup of hot tea and have been surfing around the internet all morning so far.  I still am in my PJs, rebellion for having been wide awake at 4am on a non-work day.  Actually, my plush super soft sleep pants are very warm, soft, fuzzy, cozy, and just down right cute, and I don't ever want to get out of them.  They are bright pink (ack!) with cup cakes all over them, so whimsical and fun! Pair those with a pink t-shirt and a a dark blue Eeyore zippy, and matching blue fuzzy slippers, and I am so darn color coordinated it makes me want to break out in song! Well almost....the boys are still sleeping - most of the United States is still sleeping at this hour on a Saturday.


Even my tea mug is color coordinated with my sleep attire!


If only I could be so put together for life outside the house!  Maybe someday.  Not today, it is my day off and the freezing rain is coming down outside again.  Hopefully it will not amount to too much and will melt off quickly.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment